Skip to main content

My Top 10 Favorite Movies

I am crazy for films. I like almost every film, despite the hilarious acting, directions and story line.  This is true to some extent, but I always try to imagine myself as a film critic. This work needs brain, so my brain always says to me "What the F*ck are you up to man. Stop thinking so much. This s#it screws me". 

If a watch a movie, I can't stop imagining myself as a character of that movie. Every now and then, I start behaving like an idiot. Though this may sound stupid to you all, but I kind of enjoy this because, as I quote, "being stupid is funny".

During the month of October (2012), I broke all the records, which were set up by my elder bro, of downloading the maximum number of movies. I downloaded exactly 50 movies, all this was possible because of my super-dooper internet scheme. Unlimited downloading at a super fast speed of 8mbps. Oooh. That nearly can blow up a baby :P

I was sitting useless when I was thinking about my best movies ever. It was a tough decision to make. I am a big Hollywood fan, especially when it comes to drama and action. I only watch selected Bollywood movies, mostly off-beat ones (involving youth kind of films). Though this list doesn;t involve all my favorite movies, had to drop Bourne series and many others. I had to choose these 10 movies from this list :

Avatar, To Kill a Mocking Bird,  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Matrix, Pursuit of Happyness, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Full Metal Jacket, Memento, Forest Gump, Braveheart, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Platoon, Hugo, Fight Club, Top Gun, Gladiator, The Departed, Mystic River, Fast and the Furious Series, Delhi Belly, Pursuit of Happyness,  Udaan, Saving Private RyanThe Hangover, A Beautiful Mind, Lord of The Rings Series, Transformers, Butterfly Effect, The Bourne Series, Schindler's List, Casablanca, The Silence of the Lambs, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, 3 Idiots, Philadelphia.



1.The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966) :






It was a very tough decision to make at first. I wanted to keep Shawshank Redemption here but my mind insisted on this movie. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly fascinated me from the very first scene. Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Clef and Eli Wallach acting was awesome. The western drama was shown quite attractively. Though this movie may be boring to someone (those who love action over classic).


2.Dark Knight Series




I am batman fan from my birth. Christopher Nolan rocks. Christian Bale is the best batman ever.     The Dark Knight Series (including Batman Begins) is awesome.


3. The Shawshank Redemption




Hats off to this movie. This really made me cry at the end. Though it was not famous during its release, because of Forest Gump, yet it is one of the best movies ever made. Shawshank Redemption should have won many Oscars, esp. Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins should have won best actor award. Man that banker guy's idea of digging the tunnel for 14 years rocks.

4. Saving Private Ryan




When it comes to World War II war films, none can beat Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks rocked. Though Vin Diesel played a very short part, but he was good. This film's action was superb. It stars Tom Hanks, Vin Diesel, Matt Daemon etc. All that intestine coming out of soldier's abdomen when they were shot was awesome :P


5. Udaan



The only Bollywood film to make into my Top 10 Movie list. This movie deserved to be sent for Oscar but all those capon lined fat belly persons at that ,what Bureau they call, advertising or something like that, sent Peepli Live. WTF. Udaan was a awesome movie. The reason why it didn't gathered much attention was because of the it didn't had any famous actor.


6. Fight Club




Eddy Norton was Tyler Durden. Oooo. That was weird. Didn't knew that making soaps could be so dangerous that you can even make bombs of it. Tyler Durden didn't had anything to do but to start mayhem and chopping someone's balls.

7. To Kill A Mocking Bird






To Kill A Mocking Bird was the first black and white movie I watched. At first I thought that this will be a boring movie to watch. But the story-line was great. Aticus Finch's spirit to fight for a Negro man, despite the general public hatred towards him, was, I think, the message coverying part of this movie - apartheid should be stopped. The mystery of Boo frightened me a lot.

8 .Forest Gump



Forest Gump is the story of a man who was born with the intellect below average and still managed to achieve much in his life. There is hardly anyone who can boast such achievements within one life, and the only wisdom Forrest follows is very simple: “You have to do the best with what God gave you (Memorable Quotes for Forrest Gump). Thus, the conflict of expectations from a challenged person and the reality of his life is put to the foreground of the movie. Just wanna say one thing : Tom Hanks rules.


9. The Butterfly Effect




The only thing that made me like this movie was its awesome thrilling and suspense loaded plot. It is the story of man who can change his past, thereby effecting his present and future too. It stars Ashton Kutchler and Amy Smart in the leads. In the movie Ashton Kutchler's mind was, as said by Dr. Redfiled, "Just think of your mind as a movie, you can pause, rewind or slow down any details you want. " 


10. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot. The world forgetting by the world forgot. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Each prayer answered and each wish resigned."
These lines would have told you about the whole film. This movie focuses on love, the love which can never be destroyed by any means. Jim Carrey, according to me, gave his best performance ever. Kate Winslet was the lead actress. I would recommend every drama and romantic movie lover to watch this film. 


P.S: This list is not permanent. I will be watching a lot of films after my board exams are over. So, I think, many movies are gonna make it into the list.

Comments

  1. all of these are superb movies. If you get a chance, you should also watch Shutter island, Identity and life is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the suggestion
      i have seen shutter island , its awesome....will look forward to see identify and life is beautiful

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life....served 'crushed' up!

I know that we might never ever be together but still I am writing this to make you understand how much I love you. I know that when you will read this we will be long gone and dusted and you might have even forgotten me and if not, you will only remember me as just a mere man in billions. But my heart has only burnt with love for you, the only one i want in billions, and nothing can change it. But then suddenly the reality kicks me in my butt and reminds me of my life I'm missing out on. It feels like a bad dream and I certainly need to wake up. It all started with a friend request and who knew that one day my heart will start beating for you as if it was made to do so. I miss being the one who made you laugh, happy and even mad. You loved teasing me and I loved getting teased by you. You used to call me 'paagal' and yes, I am 'paagal', 'paagal' for you. Lately I have been losing sleep, dreaming about the things that we could be had there been a differ

Lost